3 Feb 2008

Benazir Bhutto's last testament

I had become aware, through messages sent by Musharraf, that suicide squads might be sent from the North West Frontier Province and Federally Administered Tribal Areas to try to assassinate me immediately on my return. I had actually received from a sympathetic Muslim foreign government the names and cellphone numbers of designated assassins.

Bin LadenI was told by both the Musharraf regime and the foreign Muslim government that four suicide bomber squads would attempt to kill me. These included, the reports said, squads sent by the Taliban warlord Baitullah Mehsud; Hamza Bin Laden, a son of Osama Bin Laden; Red Mosque militants; and a Kara-chi-based militant group.

Musharraf’s regime knew of the specific threats against me, including the names and numbers of those who planned to kill me, and the names of others – including those in his own inner circle and in his party – whom we believed were conspiring. Despite our request, we received no reports on what actions were taken before my arrival as a follow-up to these warnings.

Much more on: "Benazir Bhutto's last testament" - Times Online Exclusive

Also see: "The little boy who learnt to kill" on theAge.com.au and "Bin Laden son Hamza rises to al-Qaida cause" on The Herald Sun also from Australia and "Hamza Laden is his father's true successor" on the Times of India and the Hamza bin Osama bin Muhammad bin 'Awad bin Laden page on Wikipedia.